
as a first time mother, it is very frightening to hear the words "babe, i think we need to go to the emergency room"... yes, these are the words john said to me as he get's me out of the shower (conditioner in hair of course) sunday morning. arys had been taking later naps this week, so on sunday, john took arys outside to run some of her energy out so she could get an hour nap before 1 o'clock church. she was jumping on the trampoline, flew forward, and hit her forhead on the bar.

she had been cleaned up a bit before we left, so it doesn't look as bad as it first did. arys was so brave in the emergency room! she didn't even remember she was hurt. she was running around all over the place.

the cut wasn't stiched, it was glued, the doctor said the scarring would be less with the glue., and as you can see, these last two pitcures she has a swollen nose! it scared me! the first time i realized she was swollen, i thought she was allergic to something i fed her, and she'd swell up like on "hitch"! but i was told fluid from her forhead could have easily come down to her nose.

john and i are so thankful everythings ok, and there was no damage to her head besides the cut. i just can't wait for the swelling to go down, she looks so sad!
9 comments:
Oh my heck I would freak out. I hate blood. What a tough little girl.
And so it begings. Can I just say that I am so glad that I'm not the only one in the family whose children frequent the ER.
But I'm so sorry for little Arys. She actually looks super cute to me. But I've seen plenty of bloody kids.
Mom said you wanted to take a family picture before the injury but now want to wait. My advice is to take the picture with the scar. It's part of you memories.
However if you really don't want to see it, I told mom about a photo editing program that will easily be able to edit out the glue. Maybe edit it out on the ones you send in Christmas cards, but keep some good ones with the scar for yourselves.
And be careful with the glue. Remember that Lexi's popped open underneath the glue and there was nothing we could do but wait. She now has a nice Harry Potter scar. Luckily Arys scar will be higher up on her head so that bangs could cover it if she wanted.
PS, I love that you thought to grab the camera and take pictures. I didn't do that with the first injury. The only pics we have of Lexi's head are from cell phones. But I learned quick. Doctors now look at me a little funny when they come in and find us taking pictures.
It doesnt look so bad?!! I thought the blood looked really bad, what did it look like before that?? i must not have a wild child because i have not had a single injury from her. Oh wait!! she had a sliver in her foot once.
Poor arys :( That's so sad. Fortunately we haven't had anything serious happen to beck but I feel like I would be so scared if we did. I'm glad she got all glued up and is healing now. I love that you got pictures of it.
p.s. my mom and I walked by the farm yesterday and I'm pretty sure I met your geese and duck. The dark geese tried to attack my mom- seriously it tried to bite her leg. Ha ha. It was a good time.
Oh how sad! I'm glad she's okay!
OH little Arys... that is so sad :( I think its always harder for the parents as we watch our little ones fall and bonk, trip, fall and smack all over !! I hope she feels better... ITs a good thing that they seem to quickly forget and return to their normal selves!
I am so happy that she is doing well and that everything is okay.
How scary! I'm glad she was ok, and that she didn't need stitches! That would have made the ER much worse!
Post a Comment