Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentines Day!

for valentines day john and i decided to do something on friday because we have to chaperone...spell?? a youth dance saturday, today. and so i had this idea to melt my own chocolate and get strawberries and candles and move to our living room floor instead of the bedroom...(that part is very important to my story) i had set up everything, the bed, rose peddles on the bed, candles,
the yummy strawberries and WHITE chocolate. and of course champaign glasses with a pepsi. AND, i was wearing langerie.. wow i'm really bad at my spelling today, i think that's word 3. Cari keep count.. so yes, i'm in sexy underwear, and it's like 9:30, wasn't expecting any visitors OBVIOUSLY. and someone knocks on our door! john was in the shower, so i decided to peek through our peek whole and expect to ignore whoever was there.. but it was my father-in-law, with two beautiful roses for me and arys. so of course i needed to answer the door. i ran to my room and through some clothes over my langerie and opened the door as he was headed back to his car. i walked outside and shut the door most the way. and he came back closer and asked if arys was awake, because he wanted to come INSIDE and give her her rose.. i was kind of blunt and very quick to tell him no she's asleep, and gave him a hug and tried to end our conversation to get him to go away...
i never thought i'd have an experience like that, that someone would catch me in the "about to" act.. it was very embarrassing. but this morning dave came back over to the farm to do some things, and i felt pretty bad about last night, and didn't want him to think i was rude, or not appreciate the roses, so i told him that i had something planned for john in the living room last night and that he prob really didn't want to see it.. anyways, happy valentines day to everyone!

15 comments:

Kimberly said...

I'm sorry, I don't know you, but I loved your story. That is totally awesome and to actually blog about it, that is something I would do. By the way I am Rachelle Merrill Palmer's sister in law.

KIm

Rachel said...

hahahaha! i am dying right now. and i think the worst person to be at the door would be a father in law haha. i guess maybe worse would be a mother in law. pretty close though. this made my day! at least it was "about to" hahaha

Bella Beginnings said...

funny story! i am laughing out loud... classic thanks for sharing. you are so romantic!

David and Natalie Reheis said...

Hahah That's awesome. I couldn't even imagine that. It would have been totally aqkward. Sounds like a fun night though. ;)

Candi said...

Lindsay,

Its great to find you. Your family is adorable, I cant believe that time flies by so fast. Well your story was adorable... embarrassing but funny!

Happy to know all worked out okay :)

Rachelle Palmer said...

Ha Ha.... That is awesome! That is propaply the only good thing about living far far away from the family! lol.... I would never have to worry about that happening cause David doesn't even know where Aaron and I live! lol... Seriously that's awesome! Thanks for sharing! and i love that my sis in law commented on this, i could see something like this happening to her! lol.... i can't stop laughing!!!!

Brittany said...

Hilarious. Absolutely hilarious!

Tara Fischbeck said...

LOL that is too funny!!

Cory or Cari said...

All I can say is that I can't believe you went and explained the whole thing to Dave the next day.

Anyway, I left instructions for posting a video on Stacie Garrett's blog because she wanted to know as well. It's on a comment under a really cute picture of Doug holding Rylie not too long ago. Let me know if you have any questions. Both Stacey and Natalie have been able to figure it out and do video since then. I know you can do it, too. I would love to see video of everyone.

Jamie W. said...

That is too funny!! I would die if that happened to me. Very romantic idea though : )

David and Natalie Reheis said...

This reminds me of one time like the first week we were married, David was at work and I wanted to surprise him when he got home. I lit all these candles and was in my birthday suit just lying on the bed. haha and he comes in and says, "Natalie what are you doing?! Sam's here and wants to see our new place." Sam is one of David's friends he works with. I ran and hid in the shower and David told Sam that he would have to come back another time. Haha he totally knew why too. It was pretty embarrassing.

J and L Palmer said...

haha, that is hilarious! glad i'm not the only one this sort of thing has happend to!

Whitney said...

the "about to" act. Ha ha! This was hilarious. We have had several people come to our house in the middle of the act. NO one comes to our house ever so its like they can sense what were doing and think hm.. i wonder what Zach and whitney are doing and proceed to come over.

Denise said...

Linsey, there are no words. I am just dying. That is hilarious and I am embarrassed for my day. Cute idea. D

Bethany said...

That is awesome. I probably would have done the exact same thing you did. LOL!