Tuesday, March 24, 2009

terrible two's

ok so i've always heard about the terrible two's. and i've seen kid's that act up and think "oh the terrible two's" but i never really knew how it would be with my own child. in the last week i have noticed a HUGE change in arys' behavior! she just turned 21 months. so not quite two yet, but it has started. the first thing is that she won't walk anywhere that she doesn't fully want to go. i end up dragging her, or she wants to hit me the whole time if i carry her! she won't listen and get out of the tub anymore from baths. she totally ignores me now and i see a big smile on her face like she knows what she's doing. ALSO, you can see she has succeeded in getting into the nail polish. she unrolls the toilet paper into the toilet. (thankfully i catch her before she flushes) i think she has figured out that if she makes a mess in one room, she has just enough time while i'm cleaning that up to make another mess in other rooms. are all kid's like this? i need help and suggestions on how to deal with her in a positive way!
....also, sorry for the china...i didn't realize this was the only picture i had of her until i put it big on the computer.....

ok i erased this picture. i'll put it back when i learn how to edit

6 comments:

Cory or Cari said...

Child Porn! Lindsey, you can't leave this up there. I didn't actually notice until you pointed it out, but really you have to edit that out or take it down. You don't want strange men to start stalking your child now that they've gotten a sneak peak. Maybe she's acting out because she's mad at you for taking naked pictures of her.

Rachel said...

owen is going through the same thing and i hate it! he hits me and pulls my hair too if i try and make him do something he doesnt want to. he is also all about dad. he doesnt want anything to do with me! i really think lately he hates me! i have just been hoping that it will go away. so sorry i have no advice for you but just know that you are not the only one! and if you get any good ideas on how do deal with it let me know!!

DougandMe said...

Lindsey, in photobucket there are stickers and stuff you can put on pictures. You can block out what you want and then use the picture that you wanted to use. As for the problem "welcome to motherhood". I would suggest taking one thing at a time. Like if you don't hit mommy today then you get a ice cream cone. Don't give in if she hits you. Only point that out for about a week then only say that about every third day and then a reminder every once in a while. Sometimes stuff like that works if you work on just one thing realy hard.

Anonymous said...

Well, I don't have any advice about dealing with the terrible two's, but I do feel for you! All I can say is that Arys is so dang cute and I'm sure it's hard to get mad at her!

David and Natalie Reheis said...

http://health.msn.com/health-topics/articlepage.aspx?cp-documentid=100235228&GT1=31036

Tara Fischbeck said...

LOL!! I can't believe you have her pee pee on there. I almost wanted to put perma marker on my screan. Good luck though. She will grow out of it. I swear by the human lock jaws but some may think that in humane. My thoughts always was that I need to have the control not by child. If I felt she had the control then I had to do something. If you are fine with her acting out then great for you. I know she can learn though. I remember there was times when I physically could not get Reece in her car seat. Dan doesn't believe me but soon enough Emma will be just the same.