Wednesday, September 2, 2009

ok ok.

it's really not that interesting of a story, so sorry to get your hopes high.... but..... arys threw up in her car seat the other night, and i tried for a while to get the cover off the seat so i could wash it. well it was attached pretty well. i knew if i got it off, there was no way i would get it back on, so i filled that tub up with water and soap. let the whole thing soak for a while then scrubbed it down. then sit out to dry the next day. has anyone else had a problem with washing there car seat? because they don't ALL come off!

8 comments:

The Littles said...

LOL well i have never washed Noahs car seat except a few stop cleaning here and there. But I know that some are very hard. I know Noahs is pretty easy though thank goodness. But his infant one was hard and i wouldnt be able to put it back on!haha Great idea!

Rachel said...

what is it with kids throwing up in the car?? the only times that owen has gotten sick and threw up he was sitting in his car seat. Matt had this same problem so he completely took apart the whole carseat and it was so annoying. it took us like 2 weeks to figure out how to put it back together and it still isnt the same. puke in the carseat is one of the nastiest things ever!

Niki said...

what kind of car seat is it? Maybe you can look the model up on the internet and it can tell you how to get the cover on and off. I had to wash Madi's lots when she was younger. Now with the booster I try to wash it about once a month or so.

Tara Fischbeck said...

haha....i did want a better story! but sounds like it worked like a charm.

Cory or Cari said...

I had to do that with Mati'x, although I didn't use a huge tub. A hose worked just fine. All my other carseat covers have come off easily, but this newest one doesn't.

Ian and Kristen said...

I had to do that once in a bathtub at a hotel! I got the cover off and put it in the washing machine, but the plastic and the straps even smelled! So I gave it a bath :)

David and Natalie Reheis said...

Hahaha that's funny. I'm glad I have you ahead of me so I can learn all these tricks before I have to experience them.

Anonymous said...

Umuh.. So, I just read this post..I totally check yours from time to time. No Big deal =) Your little Arys is super cute =)