Sunday, April 25, 2010

Elsie Ruth Palmer

She's here!! Elsie was born April 22 at 7:09 am. 6lb 15oz 20 in.

the whole experience was really great. i went into my doctor's apt monday morning. i was dialated to a 3, so i had him strip me. we set an apt for sunday morning to be induced. monday and tuesday night i was having some decent contractions. they weren't consistant and would go away by morning. wednesday i wasn't feeling anything most the day. i started having contractions around 9 and john and i went for a walk around 10 to see if they'd go away. they didn't go away, but were still very inconsistant. we tried to go to bed around midnight. i couldn't sleep. i would have a very light one, then a really heavy one, and everything inbetween. and 15 minutes apart, 3 minutes, 5, 8, it was all annoying. i got in the bathtub around 3 and called my mom at 3:30 saying i didn't know if i was in labor or not. she came over. john and i left to the hospital. i think my body new i was going to the hospital because as soon as i got in the car they were 2 minutes apart, extremely painful.
we got to the hospital and i was at a 7. i got my epidural. and could finaly relax! it was awesome. doctor came in right before 7 and i was at a 10. my water hadn't broken yet, so he broke it, and then i pushed twice and she came out! it was so wonderful, i'm so glad that i went into labor on my own.
i felt that when arys was born our family was so perfect and complete. now that elsie is here i can't believe how much more perfect i feel our family is. ( i hope that doesn't mean i'm supposed to have more kids to continue feeling more complete as a family...)

18 comments:

Michelle said...

Congrats!! I had heard she was here. What a nice labor. I am glad that all went well. :)

damonandkami said...

Linds! CONGRATS! She is so CUTE! Picture time?!!

The Littles said...

So cute! Congrats! Having a baby is soo amazing! Glad everything went so good!

Tiffany and Alan said...

So cute Aaron showed us the picture. She is so sweet love the name. I wanted to come see you in the hospital but I had Byron so I didn't know if he could come. Love ya

Brittney Blount said...

yeah! glad she is here! We want to come see her soon. Now I can't wait for our baby boy to get here. I am definetly ready to have the baby not be pregnant!

The Clarks said...

She's beautiful! Congrats!

Brenna said...

Congrats! She is gorgeous! Sounds like the perfect labor, you just might want to have more.

Ian and Kristen said...

Yay she's here! Congratulations! She is a doll! Glad everything went well and hope that you're both doing good!

The Clarks said...

OHHH CONGRATS! So glad everything went great, she is Beautiful!!! Cant wait to meet her!

Whitney said...

Shes perfect!! Congratulations!

David and Natalie Reheis said...

Oh is Arys just loving on her so much or what?! she is so cute!

Bella Beginnings said...

She is so beautiful. COngrats on the wonderful labor and all. I love her name and she is such a cutie. I know what you mean about feeling complete... I feel it every time as well!

Carly Nichols said...

Congratulations!!! How exciting!!! Love the name and she's a cutie!

Tara Fischbeck said...

So you went with Elsie...very cute spelling. You can't pretend you are done can you? I know you will have plenty more... you are only 23!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad everything went well for you! Elsie is an adorable name and I'm sure she is perfect as can be! Congratulations you guys!

Brenton and Adree Jensen said...

Congrats! she is beautiful!!!!!

Kjohnson said...

She is fabulous!! What a sweet sweet baby girl!

Brea said...

wow she is super cute! congrats! I hope when I finally have a little one my labor is as nice as yours was!