Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Our First House!

ok here is our first house! hopefully we can move in sometime in june. we close may 1st and can then start remodeling. we are remodeling the kitchen, bathrooms, and we will make a laundry room somewhere in the house (cuz the washer and dryer as of now would be out back)
(don't worry, we will remove the cemetary tree's, and paint the house)

here would be the car port door looking into the kitchen. (kitchen wall to the left will be gone!)


here is supposed to be a family room, but it is too small to make it really functional, so we are opening up the kitchen to make it one big room. the door on the top right is to the backyard



this would be looking into the kitchen from the hall. (wall to right will be gone)




this is the living room. front door is top left





again living room, door to kitchen is cut off, but it is at the bottom right of picture






this is the backyard. at first i wanted to get rid of the swing, but after swinging on it myself, i like it. it kind of takes up the backyard; because it is so tall, if for some reason reminds me of going up to enterprise, utah. so it's a keeper. there is a big open lot next door that my in-laws own, so that will most likely be where any hard core playing will happen!







this is the hall bathroom. it will be totally different when we are finished with it. we somehow are going to add our laundry room here.. don't try and imagine it, cuz it won't look pretty. you'd have to see the wall we would knock down to make it all bigger!








this is one of the spare bedrooms. apparantly 10 kids fit into 2 bedrooms! it is a 3 bedroom 2 bath house. 1800 sq ft. we are excited. and if anyone wants to come help us tare things out (carpet, walls, flooring) , and paint, feel free to give me a buzz or come by prob every day after may 1st!









10 comments:

Brittney Blount said...

How exciting! It is such a good time to buy. Can't wait to see it.

David and Natalie Reheis said...

How fun! We're planning on getting one by September! You'll have to have a party once you get it all finished!

Kjohnson said...

Yay for the Palmer's!! I actually like the turquoise bathroom....is that weird?

Ian and Kristen said...

Hi Lindsey! I saw a link to Tara's blog from my sisters and then saw one to yours! Ha ha... I am kind of a blog stalker! Congrats on the house! That is really exciting for you guys! Hopr you guys are doing good!
-Kristen (Shiflet) Peterson
P.S. send me an email to kris10peterson@gmail.com and I'll send you an invite to our blog if you want!

Bella Beginnings said...

Congrats!!! I ddin't realize that that house was so big. I am so happy that you guys got it and it will be good as knew after a little remodeling. I am happy that you have decided to keep the killer swing set. It has so many memories, but really I can see why you might want it gone, there really isn't any safety inspections that it would pass. but oh the memories on that swing set. Congrats. Those rooms are huge. That is awesome.

Cory or Cari said...

You will love your new house I much as I loved my first little one. I can't wait to come visit. But I don't think 2 swings will be enough. There could be some serious fighting going on in back. Congratulations!

DougandMe said...

Lindsey, the house will be so beautiful when you are done. If I lived there I would come help paint. Your comments about the cemetery tree made me laugh because that is exactly what I thought. Definately leave the swings. Those are good swings that will go high.

Candi said...

Congrats!! looks like a big project, but a good one!

Tara Fischbeck said...

I agree Linds, the swings will be the biggest hit! Reece loves swings and they can entertain Arys for hours...when she learns to push herself...you may be busy for a while. How fun to have a yard for Arys to play in...priceless!

Rachelle Palmer said...

yeah!!!! let us know what you need help with! we r totally down to do what ever!